Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[Meta] What's up with the recent slow down in posts?

Ricardo Sánchez-Sáez [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, March 22, 2011
13 years ago7,314 views

Philipp: are you busy with any personal project? I love your writings and I'm missing them lately. ;-)

Hope eveything is going well.

Cheers!

Fabio [PersonRank 9]

13 years ago #

Please, come back Philipp!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

I'm currently working on iPad games, and have released a range of two-player-one-iPad apps: http://versuspad.com

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Wow, I remember seeing some of those ages ago when – if I remember correctly – you wrote about two of them, but as far as I can see right now this looks freaking amazing! (Yep, bit of an over the top reaction, but I am simply surprised by the shear amount of them :P) So looking at your apps two questions popped up, first of all, all the art, you created that yourself!? And secondly, you mentioned somewhere that you used phonegap, how was the experience?, because I am considering using it for a current project of mine as well.

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Thanks for opening this thread again

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

> So looking at your apps two questions popped up, first of
> all, all the art, you created that yourself!?

Yeah, I'm doing code, graphics, and where needed sound effects and a bit of music. (Some sound effects are also from freesound.org.) It's incredibly fun.

I did try beginning of last year to assemble net-connected teams around the idea of iPhone apps and gaming but nothing steady came about, possible largely due to the distance involved (if you don't see face to face on a daily basis it's easy to lose track of a project, depending on what kind of work mode you're used to), as well as the fact that it's a "work first, revenues later" kind of model. (The setups that did lead to something were the ones where I invested a budget and paid a programmer via rentacoder.com.)

> And secondly, you mentioned somewhere that you used
> phonegap, how was the experience?, because I am
> considering using it for a current project of mine as well.

Unless your app is mostly text- or page-based (or you got mostly HTML and JS which you want to port), I would nowadays suggest Corona. I've switched to Corona for all my new games... much, much more suited for most games. Absolutely terrific framework, and comes with a physics engine out of the box: http://anscamobile.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!