Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Chrome Bookmarks in SERP?

Jérôme [PersonRank 10]

Monday, March 28, 2011
13 years ago11,947 views

A Google query returns multiple starred results with a OneBox called "Starred results".

Clicking the title of the OneBox directs me to https://www.google.com/bookmarks/l#!q=query even though I have no starred items in Google Bookmarks ("You haven't saved any bookmarks yet", "You haven't created any lists", "You don't have any lists shared with you").

But I do have those starred items in my (synced)Chrome Bookmarks. So I guess, Google has started linking Google Bookmarks with Google Sync (via Chrome Bookmarks), and maybe Google Docs (since there's backed up there). I wish those bookmarks would also show up in Google Bookmarks (I'm sure they'll do soon).

Can anyone confirm this assumption?

mbegin [PersonRank 10]

13 years ago #

Yes, I see the OneBox if I search for something that was added to my Chrome Bookmarks even though it's not in my Google Bookmarks.

My Google Bookmarks appear to have been updated to a recent (but not the most current) version of my Chrome Bookmarks with the folder/label structure and everything.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!