Google Blogoscoped

Forum

[OT] Yahoo Mail

George R [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, June 30, 2011
12 years ago6,675 views

Yahoo sent an e-mail saying that they are changing to a new e-mail system. Apparently they are discontinuing their standard e-mail system in about a month.

Where did they deliver this important notice? They placed their own e-mail in their automatic spam folder! I examined the headers. It appears to be from "noreply[put at-character here]email.yahoo-inc.com".

Is there an easy way to directly move or copy more than ten year's of mail from a Yahoo mailbox to a gmail mailbox or some other alternative? It would also be nice to have it labeled as "transferred from Yahoo". I would prefer not to move it to my own machine even temporarily.

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

If you're talking about the upgrade of the webclient to a newer (better) version... what's so wrong with it that you suddenly want to move your entire mail over?

JEShack [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

There was one feature in Gmail in "Accounts and Import" tab where you can transfer your non-Yahoo! Plus mail all over to Gmail through TrueSwitch. But I don't know what happened, they just quietly dropped this feature.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!