Forum

Doodle fourth of July 2011

hebbet [PersonRank 10]

Monday, July 4, 2011
12 years ago9,969 views

http://www.google.com/logos/2011/fourth_of_july11-hp.jpg

GGrandmother Not White [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

How does the Google 2011 logo image even relate to American citizens today?
It has nothing to do nor depict what American Independence from England is as of today... expect maybe depicting where some may go on "holiday" (or as American's may know as vacation...)

It does not make sense to me..

Niel B [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

It's just representing America, more or less geographically within the logo. Hawaii's down on the left, San Francisco's in the G, a horse in a cowboy hat for the south-west, a barn for midwestern agriculture, a highway because... we've got a lot of highways, baseball, suburbs, cars, all quintessentially American. Seers tower behind the second o, the guitar for Nashville I think, the orange for Florida, the bald eagle for the USA in general, and of course lady liberty for New York, New York. The rainbow can be taken in any of several ways, least controversially as a sign of peace and diversity, stretching from sea to shining sea.

Terry [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

Thanks, Niel B, for clarifying it all. I knew it depicted specifics across the country but I think you are right on the details. I wasn't sure of the building or the guitar/orange. Yes, all American representation. It is good.

Mike S [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

Yes, thanks for describing the elements. I was confused by the orange – it looks like a pumpkin to me. I have to agree with the OP – this doodle doesn't look like a celebration, just kind of an honorable mention. (where's our flag?) Also – would have been nice to be one of those cool animated doodles. They could have done a LOT with it, I'm sure.

A [PersonRank 2]

12 years ago #

It looks like you've also got Mt. McKinley in the background (behind the G) to represent the largest (and 49th) state Alaska :)

Maite [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

Ggrandmother: Without even reading your post or any other, I knew it was to represent From Sea to Shining Sea! I am glad others clarified it first!

Tom Sullivan [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

Google did not "forget" the Flag. They left it out on purpose, just like NBC left out "under God, indivisible" from their Pledge of Alliegance. This is leftist culture, subtly anti-American and un-American. The constant nudge toward not caring about the great nation and culture we have built. You have to constantly fight for freedom, and recognize enemies of the United States.

Tread_Not [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

Two things are immediately obvious: there is a lack of the Stars and Stripes anywhere and the rainbow stretching from New York to California isn't promoting anything other than the Google gay agenda.

We'll get wonderful stuff for Anne Frank, Mother Teresa, Pablo Picasso, Chinese New Year. But on the most significant of American holidays, we get a vague "diversity" rainbow message.

These people are not idiots. They know exactly what they are saying.

Astrid [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

Isn't the flag "understood" by virtue of the Google letters in red, white and blue?

Zach [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

I think the rainbow is there because Google came under criticism for only doing a hidden rainbow geegaw all during gay pride month (when did it become a whole month, anyhow?). This doodle is just not very festive. A resounding "Meh."

PareshB [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

Folks...wouldn't putting the American flag on the doodle be just normal? Everyone does that. Besides the American flag and the fact that it is the American Independence Day is understood (at least by Americans).
And, if one needs a Google Doodle to be patriotic or to be reminded of what the 4th of July we might have a problem.

So, folks, relax, and enjoy the doodle and the 4th of July.

Good job to folks at Google!

George R [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

What is in the water near the lower right corner?

PareshB [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

[put at-character here]George R: It is a fish!

janiya [PersonRank 0]

12 years ago #

i love my mom

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!