Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail account security in Iran (What a title...)

Juha-Matti Laurio [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, September 13, 2011
12 years ago14,253 views

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2011/09/gmail-account-security-in-iran.html

12 years ago #

<<We learned last week [in August already] that the compromise of a Dutch company involved with verifying the authenticity of websites could have put the Internet communications of many Iranians at risk, including their Gmail. While Google’s internal systems were not compromised, we are directly contacting possibly affected users and providing similar information below because our top priority is to protect the privacy and security of our users. ...>>

And Google advise users in Iran to change their Gmail password etc

Roger Browne [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Juha-Matti, I just want to say thanks for the news items that you have been posting. I'm now giving up on Blogoscoped, because there is no credible plan to address the spam, and I want to acknowledge your efforts swimming against the tide.

12 years ago #

Thanks, and thanks for several "analysis-type" comments during these "last weeks" when mosts of the posts have been short and typically links to news items and Doodles.
In fact, I'm giving up also, this freetime is needed in other fields of daily life.

There are many Google-related blogs which have systems against comment spam and/or there are no separate spam threads which have been a real problem and a sad thing here. And people can find Doodle-related, frequently updated blogs too.
Again, all the best in the future.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Just came here today as I do everyday to delete spam, and seeing your posts now, want to say my thanks to you two for hanging around in the past, and sorry for the inconvenience of spam here!

David Mulder [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Despite everything I will really miss everything here... but yeah, at least another thanks[put at-character here]Juha-Matti :D, guess that's kinda appropriate :P. Hmm, still feels weird that blogoscoped is no more really... :S

Jérôme [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

:(

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!