Forum

Which forum is Bl_ogoscoped using

Rahul G [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, February 15, 2012
12 years ago46,053 views

This site is so easy and light weight, Which blog & forum is Blogoscoped using

Mrrix32 [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

I believe it was custom made by the owner Philipp Lenssen. The source is not available. In the past there was a request that the forum be open sourced, but at that time it was not possible.

I can remember that there was an open source project that started around the time, to recreate the feel of this forum, but I can't find a link to it :(

I hope that someone is able to find it (Or that Philipp decides to release the source!) as this is the best and easiest to use forum I've come across!

Rahul G [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

yes, hope so, thanks @Mrrix32

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

12 years ago #

Yep, this forum is homegrown. Emphasis on *grown*... it was tweaked and adjusted over many years based on changing needs, starting out as a way to accompany Blogspot's FTP export system, and later on integratng with posts. This is also the reason that I didn't release it as open source so far, because it doesn't quite meet the requirements I would have for a neatly maintainable app. There's also quite a bit of management done directly in MySQL without a proper admin interface. Of course, I'd be happy to share specific details or code bits where needed?

Rahul G [PersonRank 1]

12 years ago #

[put at-character here]Philipp Lenssen thanks a lot for your comment. I should say that this blog+forum is simply the best, it is just so so simple and nice.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!