Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google News Netherlands, Belgium, and More  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, January 31, 2006
18 years ago

this seems to be the same page layout that googs is trying for their main home pg

Julian Garcia [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

From Bogota. You misspelled Colombia, as Columbia.

menneke [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Miel should have read *all* the comments. I clearly demonstrated (see http://google.blognewschannel.com/index.php/archives/2006/01/29/googlebe-equals-googlenl/#comment-36303) to Coolz0r that it is not Belgium that is cinderella'd by Google, but the Dutch language... What happened to fact checking?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks Julian, it's corrected.

John Lang [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

As an Irishman, verdict is needs more work. 2 examples...

The top 2 stories on news.google.ie's sports section are about the Steelers and the Seahawks. As an Irishman, what sport is that even? Is it one of those sports that's only played in one country and is of absolutely no interest to anyone in someplace else. I had to go to the 8th item before seeing mention of the 6 nations rugby match tomorrow, after 2 gridiron stories and one about US basketball.

There's a major section : Health. Health has been a major news story here for the last few days, but no mention of the children's hospital issue in the top 20 health stories on news.ireland.ie.

No way I'll use this as a news source till it gets better, beyond what it does for me now – finding out what's hitting the American news at the moment.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!