Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Googling in the Name of Celiac Disease  (View post)

Grant Schoep [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, February 5, 2006
18 years ago

I'd just have to say this is pretty cool of the guy, at least for me. I have Celiac desease as well. Even if he doesn't win the money for research, I think its good as it helps bring awarness of this common desease. Basically, we can eat any thing with wheat, rye, barley or oats. Or products derived from them. Its amazing how much processed food has this in. And basically how dangerous going "out to eat" is. Looking at the webpage pictures I think this is the same guy who setup the website that you could turn on and off his Christmas lights from buttons on the website. I thought that was pretty cool... he did that for Celiac as well

alek [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Grant,

As the guy who did the controllable christmas lights webcam – http://www.komar.org/cgi-bin/xmas_webcam – I appreciate your "that was pretty cool" comment ...and yes, over $3,500 was raised for Celiac with (go figure!) Christmas Lights.

Also, I have first hand experience with everything you described above – it's a real pain-in-the-ass at times, but you just do what you gotta do.

Finally, lets just say I certainly support the effort to win the SEO contest for Celiac since it will benefit a good cause.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!