Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google.com Blocked in China?  (View post)

KenWong [PersonRank 3]

Monday, February 6, 2006
18 years ago

I have to add one thing:

Now the blockage is over after about 24 hours.

Now all things work.

Only the users of China Telecom(the largest ISP in China) experienced the problem.

I still dont know why and what's happend, we just got "Blocked" by someone.

Maybe the ISP,maybe Google,maybe someone else.

Jozo [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

This is sick! Blocking google just 'cause China's politics don't want to allow ppl to see the truth.

Hu Jintao [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Just testing!

Hate to brag, but that was us. Wanted to see if you capitalist pigs had forgotten about our cozy deal with our new friends Larry and Sergey.

Keep playing with your toolbars and other trinkets, and in another month, we'll cut Google.com off permanently, and you won't notice. Want to bet?

We have greater control over our people now, thanks to Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and especially Cisco, and are signing on more American companies eager to strengthen our grip on power. Wait till you see what we've done with your face-ID software: Cameras in Tiananmen Square and everywhere else in China will just print out a list of anyone who shows up to protest our massacres! Isn't that great!! We'll just show up at the protesters houses at midnight to execute them; no longer will we have to buy western magazines and search through the photos and try to identify the traitors to the glorious revolution. Saves so much time.

Please visit our Olympics in 2008 and spend lots of money so we can buy even more technology like this! Don't worry, we'll make sure you see absolutely no unsightly protests or dissent on your visit.

Communistically Yours,

Hu Jintao
President
Chinese Communist Party

Allen [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

it was blocked. but now google.com works again. they must've needed to block it while making some changes to their network/content... in any case, it works again now.

allen from china

shawn [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

i never noticed a problem...could have been just a glitch, relax guys

tenly [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

me too!! but now is OK
shit!

google boy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Google videos ahs been blocked in china for as long as i can remember. It just says "sorry, google videos is not availible in your country"

So, i think somethig is going on. It might have something to do with the usercontributedfactor, other ervices such as wikipedia are blocked aswell.

So whatever yous say, i think china is blocking stuff.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!