Google Blogoscoped

Forum

BMW, Ricoh Back in Google  (View post)

PG [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, February 8, 2006
18 years ago

Interesting. Big companies get in within 24 hours while normal folks have to wait months, hearing nothing from Google about why they were dropped. Go figure.

Robin Antill [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

As I understand it BMW have been using these methods for 2 years and have benefited over other companies using legitmate methods. Now, because that have removed the offending items they are re-listed more or less straight away – WHY??

If this is the penalty for cheating Google then every one may as well do this. In anyone language 2 years of top results against a few days not in Google in very good value.

Do BMW spend a lot of money in Google ads and threatened to take their advertising budget elsewhere ?? I can not think of a more logical reason if Google are trying to keep their search results clean.

Mark Daoust [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I agree Robin. I've been under a penalty for about 3 months now for what was an honest mistake (as far as I know). I accidentally had the same pages accessible by as many as 5 different URL's and I can only assume Google did not like that (again, it was a mistake on my part).

I fixed the problem, filed for a re-inclusion request, and now 3 months later am still wondering what's going on.

I really do not mind re-inclusions taking a long time. However, seeing a site like BMW get re-included in less than a week rubs me the wrong way.

PG [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Amen to both of you.

The fact they don't tell you what's wrong, and then don't tell you anything about the process about getting back in is amazing. I noticed we dropped in the November timeframe and am still waiting for re inclusion. I had to guess why we were dropped, because we didn't do anything wrong. lol

Anyway, I think it sucks stones that companies like this, including Word Press, break MAJOR RULES and are allowed back in within days.

It's disgusting.

Rich Hodge [PersonRank 6]

18 years ago #

Couldn't agree more – Google snubs the little guy. I've been waiting months and months and don’t even know why my site from 1999 was banned from the index.

Reinclusion request = a no feedback black hole for the rest of us.

ummm [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I was removed from Google's index, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

When you are BMW the hype is bigger.

K V Prashant [PersonRank 0]

17 years ago #

For all the SEO geeks,

I surely know that people are still using doorway pages for page ranks. But just think, even if google has smartened out to recognize them, these were made only by humans. Thus it can be exploited by study and logic. ;)

K V Prashant.
[Signature removed – Tony]

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!