Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail Domain Feature?  (View post)

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 9, 2006
18 years ago

Not sure about that, I think its more for internal use, for all that @google.com out there.

noname [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

it is not unexpected.
Google became the accredited domain registrar from ICANN
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think this is just for use with the feature that allows you to send email from another email address.

though i would expect to see an enterprise version of gmail somewhere in the future.

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

This is huge! I was just thinking about forwarding the company mail to my gmail... *-)...this would be even better.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Are you Sysadmin? Ours would never do that :)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree with cocaman. Sysadmins would never fwd corporate emails past the dmz , secondly as poart of the sox's line companies need to keep record of their communications. How can a corporation hand over their digital assests and intel to googs ??

Maybe they need new domain is for tla type services towards the root dns servers ??

me [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

well, according to the language strings available in the translation tool gmail might be complete webspace hosting solution, so i guess that "manage your domain" section will be used to attach your domain (bought, hmm, from google?) to gmail.

Veky [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Translation tool for Gmail? Please, do you have any advice for getting into the translation team? You can contact me at vedgar+translate[put at-character here]gmail.com, or just answer here. I'd like to use Gmail in my language, but just can't stand some translations...

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Okay, those of you who think a real Sysadmin would not do such a thing.... I do ;) I have quite a number of clients that I have forwarded to Gmail and trust me, the benefits far outweigh the risks. I have been begging for Google to let me use their services for my mail domain for a long time, and assuming they have some type of API to add users... I'm THERE! if I need to move domains to Google (though it doesn't seem that they would force that) I'd do it..... And I have hundreds upon hundreds of people I want to move!

Jon Henshaw [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

If they provide hosting and IMAP, I'm there!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!