Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Hackers Deface Danish Sites  (View post)

George R [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 10, 2006
18 years ago

If you know enough to distinguish between a "hacker" and a "cracker", why not
use the correct term in your title also?

Luca [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Please ,use the term "cracker" instead of Hacker! (there is a BIG difference)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think if we want to really differentiate we need to use the terms "real hacker" and "cracker." The word "Hacker" over the years became to mean sort of both... even though yes, I know that a *real* hacker won't deface websites, sort of in the old-skool definition of not breaking things.

Juan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

any URL for captions? thanks, couldĀ“t find any

George R [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The media is mostly responsible for corrupting the term "hacker".

Putting it in your blog perpetuates this.
Your blog may be quoted.
Excerpts or snippets may be used.
It may be indexed and scored.
By misusing the term in your blog you are supporting it with the weight of your site.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

OK, I changed the title. I wanted to make the title as easy to grasp as possible, but you guys are of course right.

Markus Ahms [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Eviscerate religion worldwide.
The muslims, although being the most violent ones due to the areas they grow up and the constant teachings in kindergarden age to hate the world and fight to death for the revenging god, are just one example, America is in the grip of blind Christian warriors full of hatred. Only once all religion has been destroyed can there be peace on this planet.

md.junaid [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

we r shame 2 usa europe and denmark 2 play the destroyed of islam and peace of a world

justin flavin [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

oh dear Philip. looks like you'll have to close this thread down as well , unfortunately.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!