Friday, February 10, 2006
18 years ago

...some person who must be English :)-

pacificdave [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

hehe... cool find.

Chris Riley [PersonRank 3]

18 years ago #

As most people will have done, I zoomed out a bit to find out where this was in the world. Imagine my amazement when I find it to be no more than 2/3 miles from where I live!!

Zoom out about 5 times, click hybrid, and you see that yellow road under the label Darfield, I live on that road!

Of all the fields in all the world......

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Wow. Will you check that location?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

but phillip these are really old sat images.. I am waiting for the day when Googs will deliver near real time -imaging data...

18 years ago #

If I get time at the weekend I might take a quick look, but as pd says, I doubt it will still be there as the sat images are quite old looking around my area on GMaps...

:o(

18 years ago #

Hehe, Looking closer, I think there must have been a field artist in the area at the time, take a look a little south west from the original location on the map, and you'll find this...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&t=k&ll=53.531757,-1.356769&spn=0.002972,0.007231&t=k

Weird, I'm gonna have to start researching this now, see if there are any news stories about it in the local papers....

Francesco Levorato [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I noticed that one too Chris :P

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Excellent ^^
Your eyes are powerful :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!