Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Is Google broken?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 16, 2006
18 years ago

Nothing but 'information unavailable' on personal page and 'unable to connect' on gmail icon.

anyone working in tech support down in mountain view?

CDO [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Sorry we've been busy with our stock price collapse, Googlegate in China, and our other problems. I'll IM Mountian View and see that it gets fixed soon.

Chief Disinformation Officer
Google.cn

18 years ago #

Gmail is temporarily unavailable. Cross your fingers and try again in a few minutes. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

yknow, the sly humor is fine when things work. but i want it to work, and i dont need to see 'cross your fingers.'

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

" yknow, the sly humor is fine when things work. but i want it to work, and i dont need to see 'cross your fingers.' "

Ditto!
(Though, I must say, I appreciate the spam recipes and other little funnies... but telling me to cross my fingers when waiting on a huge business deal, and I can't access it is a little unnerving!)

18 years ago #

Terrible tonight. Back to Yahoo. Here's what I like about Google..the look. Nice and clean. Just like my desk here..just like my desktop. Neat and organized, a basic reflection of my personality.

Yahoo's home page---AWFUL. WAAAY to much junk. Now, I hear they are redoing- but I have not seen it in person to try it.

Yahoo email page--DATED. Cannot access the new beta.

BUT..

at least Yahoo's page and email always works. Google needs to keep a closer eye on FUNCTIONALITY.

They can become their own worst enemy. Start believing the TIME articles..start believing the hype..relax a little..your standards sag..and before you know it--who knows. I think the only company that can beat Google, IS Google. Bill Gates can say he wants to destroy 'em all he wants, but let's face it, Sergey and Larry are more with-it than Gates and Ballmer.
Differenet generation, different rules.

I'd still love to work @ Google, tho.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!