Google Blogoscoped

Forum

can 3 people chat together on gchat?

Sarah Stassi [PersonRank 1]

Thursday, February 16, 2006
18 years ago

I love the new chat in Gmail – but I can't seem to find a way to chat w/more than just one person. AIM let's you do a buddy chat... Does anyone know if this is possible w/gmail chat?
TIA!

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

There does not seem to be a way to do that (yet?). I don't think Google Talk had that feature either.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It's on my wishlist too :)

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/19637.html#id19661

Sarah Stassi [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Ok.. I thought I might have been missing it somewhere........... Thanks for the info. Hopefully they will add a conference function soon.

BrianS [PersonRank 7]

18 years ago #

I havent actually tried it, but i remeber seeing it once on this website:

http://www.customizetalk.com/

"What you need to do to have conference calls: Open up a copy of Google Talk on all computers with which you wish to conference. After one copy is opened make a new shortcut for Google Talk but at the end of it add /nomutex. If you installed it to the default folder then your shortcut should read "C:Program FilesGoogleGoogle Talkgoogletalk.exe" /nomutex. Open 2 instances of the software on every user's computer. After this start a chain: User 1 should connect on one instance to user 2. User 2 will connect on his second instance to user 3. User 3 will connect using his second instance back to user 1. With this chain everyone is connected to everyone."

BrianS [PersonRank 7]

18 years ago #

Ok nevermind. i read this wrong and apparently you were just talkign about normal chat... although if you are ever intersted in confernece call, that could be interesting :-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!