Gmail Voicemail?  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, February 19, 2006
18 years ago

...but thats why --they (googs) have skype/fon tieup correct ?:)-

Above 1 comments were made in the forum before this was blogged,

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yes what greg says is correct. However the label "voice mail" permits a create!

Anton [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

That dude is quite the sleuth. Keep it up!

Nathan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Quite the news source. On a side note. It is currently Feruary 18 but the blog post says the 19th. I'm so informed I know tomorrow news!

Kevin [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

It's tomorrow in Germany!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Nathan : then you should sit in the EST time zone and get feeds from the JST time zone (joi ito feeds)..its like a whole new day before the news rolls to the west :)-

peter pan [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

but google chat is already a part of the american language site.....

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

"It's tomorrow" that is an impossible statement!!! However it can always be yesterdays tomorrow!

Mark Thomson [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I can't wait, context sensitive 'advoice' ads being played before you get to hear your messages!

Announcer:
"Searching for Misfortune? Find it on eBay! Free registration at eBay.com... Now here are your mesages...."

http://www.boingboing.net/2004/12/18/when_good_word_algor.html

SamD [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

An answerphone in your inbox?

When will they run out of ideas! I have no idea if it would work or even if it would be useful. But it certainly is innovation.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Sam well, I've seen this for quite a while in other products.
Swisscom (Swiss phone company) for example offers this service, when you miss a call on your mobile, it records it and sends you an email with a .wav attachement and the recorded message in it.
So I think it is not _that_ innovative, but it will be a nice feature if the GTalk network is growing.

SamD [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Corsin: Ooh. Didn't know about that.

I believe the GTalk Network is growing. Is it not that case that AIM will be able to talk to GTalk (and hence Gmail Chat) soon? Given Google's stake in AOL.

Also Yahoo! and MSN are making it possible to people to talk across their networks. Once that is done it will just require one last huge merge to make AIM, GTalk, MSN and Yahoo! all talking to each other.

That will take years though.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hi Sam

I thought more in direction that Skype goes. With making calls to the "old" real telephone network.
And do you _really_ think there will ever be a network where you as ICQ user can talk to a friend which only uses MSN (Messenger) and another one using GTalk (with the software)? I really think you will ever have different accounts to reach all your friends on the different networks.
But that is more off topic now :)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

odeo has something like too

Fred Jeffry [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

My friend Narayanan spotted some conflict too:
http://narayanan.blogsome.com/2006/01/04/gmail-discussion/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!