Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Question Swap  (View post)

Stephen [PersonRank 0]

Tuesday, February 21, 2006
18 years ago

Whatever happened to fileswap? Was it shut down due to viruses?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

No, it's still up and running. Note that it's file-swap.com, not fileswap.com...

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

You should add the ability to answer a different question if you don't have an answer, but still only allow answering one question for every question submitted. That way, if you don't know an answer, you don't send something useless to the person with the original question. Just a suggestion.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Just to clarify, I'm not behind Question Swap. I've added Adam's name to the post to make this more clear.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Whoops...I have emailed Adam my suggestion.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think this is good methods for anwser . just a little twist to the main idea of wondir / 'yahoo answers
Lets see if Adam gives feedback on the experiment :)-

Adam [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi Niraj,

I got your email.

What's happening is that there is now a surplus of questions in the database. People are asking, then hitting their back button without answering. Which delays the process of getting an answer for your question!!

hmmmm

I only launched this last night, and it's had nearly 500 questions. There are going to be teething probs.

One idea would be that you have to register, then people can rate your answer. then you would have 'star answerers', and time wasters can be spotted.

thanks all for checking it out!

adam

Ulf Sjöström [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I liked my answer :)

> what is a big bang?

A big bang is when nothing decides to become something, and this is quite logical. If you leave nothing lying around for an infinite period of time (or no time at all since big bang created time), something is bound to happen.

The effect was quite dramatic, and all matter in the universe was created in a moment that is shorter than the time it takes to blink.

This all happened 12 to 14 billion years ago, so not even your grandparents might remember it.

Big bang is a theory, since camcorders were not invented back then.

Tadeusz Szewczyk [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It does not work without entering your email. I thought that at least you get a question by someone, that it will be displayed. I do not want to disclose my email to everyone offering me the slightest "service" on the net even if they say things like "we will never never never sell it, believe us". This is the funnier part of this.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Is should work the opposite way – answer the question and THAN ask a question.
Similar services works that way – at first you do something for others and only than you can receive something from them.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I like Ludwik's idea, first answer and then ask.. reverse the pattern!!

But I got 2 replies to my one question. I think its should be a 1-2-1 thingy!!

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Adam :
1) can you cookie it so I don't have to enter my E-mail every time? I have asked/answered probably 30-40 questions and typing it gets old and I might typo occasionally
2) I have gotten the question "what is art" three times... am I getting the same on over and over or is that multiple people asking the same question (or one person asking it a bunch)

18 years ago #

One more thought :
3) it would be nice if I could go to a form and respond to the people that have responded to me. I have had questions that I put much thought into answered with questions about my question.

18 years ago #

Okay, I know you are sick of me, but I'm a verbal one!
4) It would be nice if it could LET me register and if I did, I could see a history of all the questions I've asked and answered. I can pull the ones that people answered of mine from my Gmail... but they only seem to answer about 60% and I loose all the answers I give to people!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!