Hotmail Ban Gmail, or?

Kimspitstop.dk [PersonRank 7]

Tuesday, September 7, 2004
19 years ago

Phil/anybody

Who else have the same expirence?

I sent out a Gmail invitation to a hotmail account,
and normally Gmail arrive in a split second, but
this time I'm still waiting Gmail to confirm my approach.

What I know is that my Gmail invitation are send/ out there in cyberspace, and the person is still waiting :O(

Damned' is "notHOT MAIL" blocking Gmail or. ....?

SU.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

A lot of people have said the same... I guess Gmail invitations do not always make it through Hotmail's spam filter. There's even a conspiracy theory out there Microsoft is intentionally blocking them. Until I find proof for that I wouldn't believe it though.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

I just sent a Gmail invitation to my Hotmail account and it got through fine. I deleted all my Hotmail contacts, removed all filters, and the junk mail protection was set to enhanced (the highest level which still allows emails from people outside the contacts). In other words no, Hotmail doesn't block Gmail. (At least not for everyone, not at the moment.)

Anthony Pennington [PersonRank 3]

19 years ago #

I've heard people complain about this before. I think I even saw an article about it too.

Why not send the invite link? I've seen people do this on a few forums.

Btw, hotmail sucks. It really does.

Gregory [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

I got my invite through my hotmail account. It doesn't appear that hotmail filters or bans GMail invites anymore.

Kimspitstop.dk [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

The reason why Not'Hotmail block Gmail's

Delivery Status Notification (Failure) Spam

postmaster[put at-character here]mail.hotmail.com
to me
More options Sep 7
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

knownbyme[put at-character here]hotmail.com

Final-Recipient: rfc822;knownbyme[put at-character here]hotmail.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;552 5.2.3 This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again.

Ps: It was a normaL G-invitation :O(

Yannick Mückenhirn [PersonRank 7]

19 years ago #

Kimspitsop, like the mail said, "this message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full". Actually, the second is more likely, you know, a 2MB mailbox is like carrying a floppy disk this days...

Yannick Mückenhirn ® http://noticiasinteresantes.blogspot.com

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!