Google Blogoscoped

Forum

MineSweeper Cheat Utilized! (MineCleaner)

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, February 23, 2006
18 years ago

From site
http://trex005.googlepages.com/minecleaner

Some time ago Google Blogoscoped had a post about what I'll call an "Advantage one can obtain in minesweeper". Well, after over 1/2 a decade of my wife totally owning that game (she can beat Expert in around 160 seconds, and I think her record is in the 130s) I thought I might finally have a chance! Well come to find out, it is nowhere near as useful as you might think in increasing your speed, but I decided to be resourceful and make it work! So, within a couple days, I wrote a program to utilize this cheat and definitely rob my wife of the gold! (She calls it cheating, I call it being resourceful)

This is something that I sent to Me Lenssen a few days after he posted about the cheat. Due to the danger in hosting an EXE he did not want to post it, and I was unable to put it on my servers because they are all business related. Well, thank you google for google pages!

18 years ago #

PS, please send me any comments, or even just let me know if you used it. my E-mail address is in the help box of the program (question mark in the lower right had corner)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Cheatinggggggggggg!!! ..

but a good hack no doubt ..:)-

18 years ago #

I resent that! :o) I'm no cheater! Now, if I was to finish a game in 90 seconds using this tool, and pass it off as done manually, then that would be cheating!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!