Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Even More Google Photos  (View post)

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 24, 2006
18 years ago

If only they had a board projecting all queries (including the non-safe ones), the government could go sit in their lobby and scribble furiously into a notebook for one week to get the data they want :)

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Does anybody know how fast the querylist scrolls?

Erik Dafforn [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

At 2.4 billion queries per 30 days (from Nov. 2005 estimates by Nielsen//Netratings), that works out to about 926 queries per second. I suppose the screen showing the "live" queries shows just a portion. Either that, or those shots were taken with a REALLY good camera.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

lol,
no, a software filter the list, and "block" display some seconds :)

And Niraj is right : Bush & Co. should sit down in front of the screen and copy out.... :-)

John K [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

Philipp, I don't think UTF-8 support is missing, but perhaps the fonts aren't installed on the projecting machine. I've seen that list in person, and there are many arabic, chinese, japanese and hebrew searches that are displayed.

The projector shows old data, and is of course, very filtered. This list scrolls pretty slowly, like perhaps 1-2 new entries per second.

BTW, the idea that Google gets only 2.4B queries per month is baloney. I talk about that here:

http://gotads.blogspot.com/2006/02/google-vp-peter-norvig-clues-us-in.html

That number is Nielsen and comScore's US estimate, and it's wrong on the very low side.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

hey, look the screen on the picture, you can see people snapping the screen :)

b1-66er th0m-4s [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

One of the two people involved in "24 Hours of TV" this weekend works at Google.

And you, um, didn't hear that from me.

http://www.24HoursOfTV.com

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Kevin Fox shows proof the screen is UTF-8 enabled... see the post for the update :)

Ashman [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

Automatic shark-jump detection. Now thats a product I'm hanging out for.

mtness [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hi there!

it would be interestng if one could get the second screenshot as google earth plugin 8)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!