Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Stop Blogospam

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 24, 2006
18 years ago

Hey, Philipp, posts like this http://blogoscoped.com/forum/20933.html and many many others from the last 2-3 days should make you change this liberal way of posting. Some people really like to destroy beautiful things.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree with you Ionut

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree too

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I can't watch this massacre. It's just too much.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I disagree!!

This is something that we all need to contend with. There are trolls and malicacios intentions by folks who do some clever JS hacks. However, if Philipp created a user certification /authentication method for the forum, this will become like any other forum. A veiled in wall, which permits others to see into but will not permit others to write onto. (unless they are sanctified by the certification /authentication process).

If siteowner begins collecting IP, then they have to notify each and ever visitor that stats and ip address is being collected. (A disclaimer needs to pop up). Needless to say the site owner now has a burden to protect and keep all this cofnidential information safe and sound.

Please understand the consequneces of ip log and user authentication...

The world is filled with mostly good people and at times-- a couple bad one's come along.. we all know this. But just because we suddenly find a couple of bad one come our way, we tend to jump the gun and make belive that all future vistors are bad people. Thats the wrong of of doing business.!!

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'll keep watching what happens, and react if it's becoming unbearable. Often trolls go away if they don't get any attention and are deleted often – trolls feed on attention. In the meantime, their patterns often give me new ideas to create filters and blocks. For example, if flooding – which is a new problem – persists, I'll block the double-posting of same content.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!