Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Payments only for Google Services?

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

Friday, February 24, 2006
18 years ago

From the looks of their latest post, Google is looking to add payment services for their services, even further down the road. They make no mention of trying to expand to a more Paypal-like service:

"Looking ahead, we want to continue building payment services that meet the needs of Google users and advertisers. We expect to add payment functionality to Google services where our users need a way to buy online. For us, it's all about bringing our users a better online experience whether they're searching or buying."

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Forgot the link: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2006/02/update-on-payments_24.html

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes, but its a " standard process for people to buy our services with a Google Account" – so it will be like paypal.. Shop anyway and pay with your google account. But then again how much of leverage in terms of partnerships will the create ?? The value addition process is only when google has affliates to partner with e.g Amazon or ebay or Itunes or whatever...

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

sorry I fogrot to mention "to buy our services" is the worst thing that google can do. That means a lock in for the buyer. This will a poor strategy choice. Its Like telling me that I can only use "visa" for Goods made in the China only!! :)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!