Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Address Book: Gmail

Priti Bhandari [PersonRank 0]

Saturday, March 4, 2006
18 years ago

Hi,

Gmail is the best email server, which has made lives simpler except for a few...
Yahoo! Mail allows the user to send mails only to 50 mails in one shot and hence shows only 50 addresses on one page. While Gmail allows the user to send emails to 500 recepients at one time. But one has to sit and select 500 addresses manually.

Is there a way to display addresses in multiples of 100 on a page in the address book of gmail? If not, can a provision be made?

How do I configure the Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook for downloading my mails on gmail? I tried configuring it a number of times, but each time the internet connection gets disconnected. Can someone please help me with this issue..? It will make my life simpler...Thanks!!

My email id is: anandnupur03[put at-character here]yahoo.com.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I don't know of a way to display more contacts on a page, sorry.

But I do think the address book should allow us to enter addresses (it could display a google map then too), birthdays (which would then display in the calendar), other important dates, and to be able to upload a photo of the contact would be brilliant.

any other suggestions on how they could improve it?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Could you not create a group of your 500 people and send it to the group from the to box ? (groups appear in the autocomplete listing.)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!