Forum

Google Logo Colors  (View post)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Monday, March 6, 2006
18 years ago

pretty sure it's Stephen's version.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

pretty darn show its philipps version or second bet is cows version!!

Nathan Weinberg [PersonRank 8]

18 years ago #

Definetly gotta be Stephen's version. Its the only one that got the blue letters right, and those are the only ones I can remember.

John K [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

The acronym to remember is "brybgr" – or bry-burger...

Cow [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

It's actually much easier to do it by looking at it rather than doing it from scratch. I suspect if you didn't use the same font in the logo as Google or turned it upside down, it'd be a lot harder.

jilm [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Stephen´s. I remember, that G is blue and l green (from the nice animation "Why is l in Google green") :-)

Amy [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Stephen's version. I couldn't remember the individual letter colours, not even of the first letter. But I instinctively knew when I saw the correct one, it just "seemed right". Guess that's a lesson in subliminal brand recognition.

A few years ago there was a programme on British TV about this phenomenon, in which a research team were able to predict what an advertisement design team would produce, by planting brands and images around their environment. The designers didn't know it, but they had subliminally absorbed the designs around them, and this had a noticeable effect on their work.

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Stephen's. Like jilm, I remember that the G is blue and that the L is green.

Jason Schramm [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Stephen's version. I knew the G was blue, and I remembered the video of the l really being a dollar bill so I knew it had to be green. Even before that, Stephen's version just looked better, and more familiar.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Stephens, no doubt. And I didnt even look at the toolbar in the browser.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!