Google Blogoscoped

Forum

michael@gmail ?

mike [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, September 19, 2004
19 years ago

Any1 know y michael[put at-character here]gmail is unavailable, yet no1 owns this email? mailor-deamon ?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Some short names seem to have been excluded from Gmail since ever, I wonder why...

Mike [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Hey Philipp,

Thanks, so is there Anyway to get it?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

19 years ago #

Mike, I'm afraid no. I also wanted philipp[put at-character here]gmail.com but I couldn't get it!

valentine snow [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

please help me!!
my gmail account is being held hostage by some smarty pants.... who says..."OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSS! Gmail is unavailable. please cross your fingers and try again later..."

can anyone help? i am an artist..and all my work is on that address. i didn't know it was unreliable...one of my girl friends said it was the best email ---so i forwarded all my work to it..... YIKES!
HELP, please???? *

C. Broulée [PersonRank 0]

19 years ago #

Ms. Snow: the answer is, unfortunately, "no, no one can help but the nice people at google." this outage is unusual because the server has been down for 8 hours or so; or it was down 8 hours ago and is down again now.

you might want to set up pop3 access in thunderbird, say, and to use it to log into g.mail every once in a while to keep it current. this way, you'll at least have whatever data resides in your g.mail account stored locally.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!