Google Blogoscoped

Forum

michael@gmail ?

mike [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, September 19, 2004
14 years ago

Any1 know y michael[put at-character here]gmail is unavailable, yet no1 owns this email? mailor-deamon ?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Some short names seem to have been excluded from Gmail since ever, I wonder why...

Mike [PersonRank 0]

14 years ago #

Hey Philipp,

Thanks, so is there Anyway to get it?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

14 years ago #

Mike, I'm afraid no. I also wanted philipp[put at-character here]gmail.com but I couldn't get it!

valentine snow [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

please help me!!
my gmail account is being held hostage by some smarty pants.... who says..."OOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPSSS! Gmail is unavailable. please cross your fingers and try again later..."

can anyone help? i am an artist..and all my work is on that address. i didn't know it was unreliable...one of my girl friends said it was the best email ---so i forwarded all my work to it..... YIKES!
HELP, please???? *

C. Broulée [PersonRank 0]

13 years ago #

Ms. Snow: the answer is, unfortunately, "no, no one can help but the nice people at google." this outage is unusual because the server has been down for 8 hours or so; or it was down 8 hours ago and is down again now.

you might want to set up pop3 access in thunderbird, say, and to use it to log into g.mail every once in a while to keep it current. this way, you'll at least have whatever data resides in your g.mail account stored locally.

This thread is locked as it's old... but you can create a new thread in the forum. 

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!