Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Analytics blocks all sites

Dr. Stefano Davide [PersonRank 0]

Friday, March 10, 2006
18 years ago

Hello,
we have included Google Analytics within several customer sites. Today the connection to google analytics was so slow, that all pages did not show up at all or they needed more than a minute to load a page. This is a very serious problem as our clients can not sell any more. They have a revenue slump and Google is to blame for that. Has anybody else these serious problems? It is really disgusting that Google can not solve that problem. It's not the first time. And people that use Google Analystics may not know that they have break downs for sereveral times due to the small piece of code from Google Analytics.
Stefano

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hi Stefano

That is true, my sites take long aswell.
Is there some official announcement from Google?

Luca [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

it's true davide...
me too i'm having problem with sites using google-analytics like cvengine.com
the loading is too sloooooow and you can see that the problem is from google-analitycs..

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Stick the script at the bottom of the page, inside the last body tag

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes, it has been slow for me too. I removed it from most of my sites already a while ago and will not bring it back in the near future.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Isn't there a way to make browsers wait for script to load for, let's say t=0.5 seconds and skip it if it can't load the script?

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

WHY has it to be JavaScript?? Why can they not give away some PHP code, ASP code, JSP code? *do not hurt me: or an image*

Metis Onlne [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I don't really understand the problem.. The page isn't slow if you ad the script at the bottom of your page (just before the </body> tag) like Google advises you to do?

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah i find it is fine if you ad it at the bottom of the page. google does advise this now, but at the beginning they advised us to have the code at the top, i reckon some people haven't changed it yet.

18 years ago #

I'm one of them. They said to put the code exactly before </head>.

18 years ago #

Even when it's at the bottom, that will cause one of those endless blue loading bars (at least in Firefox). That's not the worst thing in the world, but I guess it's all about which price you are willing to pay for getting Google's stats...

18 years ago #

Do you still use VisitorVille?

18 years ago #

At the moment, no. At the moment I'm using only my server's default stats package, which is pretty flat & dumb but is OK for a quick overview... and it goes straight to the log files so there's no client-side overhead...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!