Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Blogoscoped Ads

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, March 12, 2006
18 years ago

I'm giving image AdSense another chance, removing animated ads as I see them. If you see an animated AdSense ad at the bottom of the page, feel free to email me the URL of the ad target so I can put it on the blacklist. For now, I want to find out what is the ratio of static vs animated banners.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'll repeat what I said some time ago.

Quote from me:

"Yes, Philipp, but if you put those animated on the bottom of the page, the visitor will read / scan your page and when he finishes doing that, he sees the ads. Most of the times, by the time he sees the ads, they aren't even moving (animation stops after 30 seconds), so I really don't see the problem. Really."

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

And, by the way: I hate the BloggerBusiness.com ad. And FriendCircles.com is pretty stupid also.

I reached a conclusion about tech-oriented blogs: except those very targeted on products, gadgets, video games, everybody else gets: AdSense tips, Google Toolbar, start your own blog, and smileys. It's not fair.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Turned off again for now. It was interesting to see what ads show up. The BloggerBusiness.com site is a bit misleading, copying the Blogger.com template...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!