Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Love/ Hate Relationships  (View post)

jeremy mikkola [PersonRank 1]

Tuesday, March 14, 2006
18 years ago

I would have to say that I agree with you on every point there. Keep up the good work.

Missy [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

I love that they let me work for them. I hate that my contract is up in 7 months. I love that the products make my life a ton easier (teenager and homework issues. 'nuff said.) I hate that they STILL having figured out this...what is word..COMMUNICATION thing.

For a bunch of very smart people, they are exceedingly dumb when it comes to communicating well.

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I love Google's outlook on technology, their "don't be evil" motto (I disagree with your view on Google's move into China), the way they write software that enables others to write software, everything they're providing to the Internet, their support for open standards, freedom of speech etc.

Taiwanese Hank [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I think the multimedia search engine is held up while they deal with scaling issues ;)

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well,

Right about HTML , bunch of Google HTML Pages in english and other languages are hmmmmmmmm.

Hate Google .. not much to say.

Anytime you meet a Sales representative from Google in any event, you see that you may know much much more than him about Google products and or about new Google updating Services.... weired.. (may be bad internatl communication)

Did someone Add I will love Google more if they will recruit me for new Product development ? kidding.... hhehe.... i think some will agree.

Wrong about GOOGLE, I got on New year (a wishing New year 2006 card)
and guess what It was wrongly spelled in Arabic (I was LOL when I read it and thought well don't they have Arabic PR or translators)

It seemed like it was done using Google Translator.

Too Late Good Representative in Sweden Denmark Norway Finland...

No one in Middle East ...

Love Google :

They Had smart guys and still recruiting more (the best)

Top Billionaires....

Google Earth and would love to see more Google Hardwares
... i have some ideas

Elias kai
+46 73 945 81 51

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Well more about Google Love,

I named my Son Google as third first name

and I have many friends working in this industry calling GOOGLE by Him...
sort of---.

Today I searched him , get me top on him....

He positioned me better...

He paid my monthly Adsense payment.

He is launching... this or that...

Well why not SHE or IT----- is it because the leaders are Guys. ?

Elias KAI
+46 73 945 8151

arno. [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I hate the way google.com redirects me to google.fr,
why don't they let me choose ??

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

What I hate:

1. Censorship in China

2. If you use interface language other than American English you can't see any new staff. Gmail looks like years ago. Compare English and Polish versions of Google itself:

Google Services:
English: http://www.google.com/options/index.html (32 items)
Polish: http://www.google.pl/intl/pl/options/index.html (7 items)

About:
English: http://www.google.com/about.html
Polish: http://www.google.pl/intl/pl/about.html

Funny, isn't it? It's really stupid that when you use even British English you can't use new Gmail features (!).

3. No Linux version of their applications. Why don't they use GTK, QT, python, XUL or other portable interface language?

4. Every other Jabber server saves messages for you when you are offline. But talk.google.com don't. Argh!

5. They don't answer mails. I now that if I have problem with Gmail Google won't help me. It looks like they don't care about their customers. Even if you send them good idea and they use it they don't answer your mail to say "thank you". It's pretty arrogant.

6. They have too many secrets. I like companies that act openly. It's one of the reasons I love Open Source so much – there are really great contact with developers (-> point 5) and nobody keeps you away from information.

7. Bad HTML. Haven't they heard about w3c validator?! They makes silly HTML mistakes.

What I like about Google:

1. Great Web search results

2. Gmail. It really rocks. It's new, better way of thinking about e-mail.

3. They haven't made new private IM protocol for Google Talk and Gmail, but instead have used internet standard for IM – Jabber. If others companies did that Internet would be a better place.

4. Developers, developers, developers! ;) In Google works really brilliant people that have great ideas (but not always...).

AND WHAT I REALLY HATES RIGHT NOW!!!
I wrote this text and click "spellcheck" on Google Toolbar. What happened? It replaced 1/3 of words with random words or pieces of words! I had to write it one more time. I wanted to kill :>

18 years ago #

Elias – In Poland people often call Google "they" :)
Why? Because in Polish "Google" looks like plural form. "E" on the end of the world is much like "s" in English. One "Googl" two "Google" ;)

arno – you just have to click "Google.com in English" on google.fr.

18 years ago #

It should be "I know that if I have problem with Gmail Google won't help me. " :]

Kaif [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Hate Google:
-None of their excellent windows software has made it to other platforms yet (apart from earth).Give us some linux and mac support please!

-Blogger is way behind the times, it needs a major revamp.

-Yahoo's beating them in the social aspect of the net (flikr, social bookmarking, im) Would be nice if they could sort that out.

Love Google:

-GMAIL!

-everything else.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hmm Missy you start to work at Google in 7 months, did I get that right? Other than being an Answers researcher? Email me with more pls :)

Dimitar Vesselinov [PersonRank 4]

18 years ago #

The European Search Engine

"I've seen academic research.. literally dozens if not a couple hundred papers.. on all this type of search: Query by image shape, video querying, audio (and music) querying by content, etc. It all started to be a hot topic about 5-6 years ago, maybe longer.

And I've always wondered why Google has never really bothered with any of it. I mean, ANY of it. Its image search is surrounding-text based. As is its video search. No content-based search at all.

The excuse I've often heard from them is that they are constantly evaluating all these technologies, but do not want to release any product into the marketplace that is 'immature' or not fully developed. I bought that excuse for a while, but then after seeing the dozens of trivial little product releases Google has been doing for the past ~2 years, all of which are not fully developed and remain betas forever, I don't buy it anymore.

Good for Quaero. I hope they inject some new innovation into the marketplace, and force these American 'We do one thing only: Search' companies like Google to start innovating.. heck to start doing search.. again."

http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2006/03/the_unamerican.php

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hate Things:

1// Answers to customer support are poor. Sometimes non-existant.

2// Lack of integration between service. Sort this out NOW!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!