Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google's 'Sign up for news!' Woes

Lawrence Runacres [PersonRank 1]

Friday, March 17, 2006
18 years ago

As much as I love Google, one thing above all else irks me.

Sometimes when they launch a new service they have that, "Leave us your email and we'll send you news!" thing – They have it for writely, and they had it for Pagecreator, I think they had it for Google Base.

But they never follow it up. I still haven't heard anything about PageCreator (although, thanks to Google Blogoscoped, I knew they were offering new accounts =)). Writely is offering invitation based sign-up, but they didn't send anything out about that – at least to me.

So, does Google have something against me? Or are they just bad at following up with emailed news? Or am I just loading my questions?

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I don't think they had it for Google Base. But they did (and still do) for Analytics.

And for Writely invitations available now in the Chat Room.

I remember a long time ago they had a box on Gmail.com for people who wanted to learn more about developments. It said next to it "This is not a waiting list for invitations". A long time later I got an email from it... with an invitation.

Lucas Novae [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I never got it for PageCreator either, so I assume it never happens.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!