Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Base in Web Results  (View post)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, March 22, 2006
18 years ago

Interesting developments. Is google base acutally charging for transactions now?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah its "Forget Your Rideā€”Pimp Your Web Service /product" on Gbase :)-

What is keepin me away... is the transaction processing methods.. still pretty fuzzy in terms of buying/selling.. if only they (ggog) linked in with paypal , it would be great then I can pimp myself!!

Brandon [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Since the day GoogleBase launched I've been uploading my product data feed. For quite a while I've seen transactions with Googlebase tracking code coming from both google.com/search as well as froogle.google.com

GoogleBase outperforms Froogle revenue by 2 to 1.

Brandon
Blog – http://inspiredimpressions.wordpress.com

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Sorry /pd i don't quite get what you mean. How can you "pimp" yourself with google base?

And I thought the buying and selling methods were meant to be much easier than paypal, as you can just use your Google account.

So is Google taking a small commision for selling items?

Naval Ravikant [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Vast.com has an open api of 4.8 Millions Jobs (plus millions of cars and personals) that other search engines can add into their results pages tomorrow! They can use it for commercial purposes, and be first to market on this. Why don't they?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!