Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Slow Google Servers...?

Paul James [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, March 22, 2006
18 years ago

Is anyone else noticing problems with google services?

For the past couple of days (at least the last 5), at home and at work, I have been struggling to get into gmail (usually saying "unable to reach, or saying that my connection cant reach their servers), google pages, and google viewer, also the gmail talk is struggling to work as well.

Anyone else having these problems?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I do not have any problems as you describe. However since around 1 or 2 weeks Gmail has some memory leak – it stalls my Firefoxes about 30 seconds after I open Gmail.com.

18 years ago #

Gmail has also been causing IE7 to stall when it initially launches, I just assumed that was down to using IE7, and the ammount of scripting going on, on google.

ardief [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Yes!!! (I'm in the UK) – yesterday afternoon/evening for *ages* nothing would work – Gmail, Scholar, even Google itself – and I know it wasn't just my laptop as friends were having this problem as well.

18 years ago #

I am also in the UK.. I wonder whats happening :-(

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm in the UK and everything has been working fine. What ISP are you guys with?

18 years ago #

I'm on NTL at home, and I believe work are with Kingston communications.

Last night google cut out on page 7 of some search results and would let me go back, but not forward... It just seems to be acting up :(

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm on BT and I haven't had a single problem. Maybe it's a router between your isp and google? Since I'm guess the rest of your web experience is fine, and Google UK works fine for me. Don't know just a thought.

If/When it happens again you could try pinging or tracert the Google IP address in question, if you know how to do that.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!