Forum

The Hive 7 Chat World  (View post)

/pd [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, March 30, 2006
18 years ago

security sucks.. can you finger the changes ?? :)-

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Might be we're going to see some XSS worms with that one. But many things are restricted to edit (you'll get a security warning like this:

"Your action to ItemEdit is denied due to this room security settings. Stionmo18 (Guest) has no rights to change script of item. Create your own room to do any operation."

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah,I was just mucking around.. :)-

Anyhoot wrt to 3d.. has anyone seent explorexcanvas ??

http://bodytag.org/excanvas1/
http://erik.eae.net/archives/2006/03/28/12.05.59/

Doom Guy [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Have you checked out www.there.com or www.secondlife.com?
Its like what your showing but way, way, way more stuff and more immersive.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

But those worlds require you to download, register, install etc. don't they? I think that's the real difference... I can set-up a chat room for this blog by simply creating a room and pointing people to the room URL. It's really casual....

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

What's wrong with good old IRC?

Doom Guy [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I just tried it and I guess thats like a lobby, woah that was laggy. It is interesting though.

MaxS [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Philipp, i would be first to admin first day, especially entry room was sort of a mess. lots of things happened in the way we did not expect. the shame, the shame...:)

names are indeed auto generated. we put started items into your bag so you don't have to hunt for them around hivespace. (after all , just rclick delete what you don't need). plugin warning is in the rooms which use flash or activeX items. you can change chat icon to match your avatar gfx if you rclick self and do "go to admin"->avatars

in short there is lots of kinks for us to work out, and help/faq system is sorely missing. we working on all this issues. good part – since hive7 is so dynamic expect hintbooks, help robots and other goodness to apear in next weeks. its a young "world" but it will grow. Thanks for checking it out! (via technorati)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!