Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Content Directory Updated  (View post)

CJ Millisock [PersonRank 10]

Friday, March 31, 2006
18 years ago

Very cool! But for some reason, Google.com is down for me. I can't go to it or to Google.com/ig.

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hmm it looks like Google created own preview pics. That one for my module looks nice :)

pacificdave [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

thank god they changed it!

SCJM [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

How do I add a custom RSS feed now?

pacificdave [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

when you enter the "Content Directory" click on "Advanced Options." i'll let you figure out the rest....

Andrew Hitchcock [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Oh yeah, they did change the images. Good thing, earlier (before they added caching), they were just hot linking the images, which could have caused some trouble if I wanted to be malicious.

Also, the searches look for RSS feeds everywhere. The searches take a long time, they were regularly between 2-3 seconds. I did one search that took around 10 seconds, but I forgot to look at the counter before closing the page.

Caleb E [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://www.google.com/ig/directory?output=rss&q=foo

that's pretty interesting. it's not linked anywhere.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Caleb, good find. I've been alerted to this URL a while ago. Basically it's a list of all modules (if you take away the search parameter). As it's unofficial/ undocumented it may change anytime without notice of course...

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Corsin, as usual, I'm the one who's not in the know.... which module is yours?

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Here are Corsin's modules:
http://www.googlemodules.com/author/Corsin+Camichel/

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!