Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Rats 2.0  (View post)

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

Friday, March 31, 2006
18 years ago

This is hilarious! I'd like to meet this guy. Did he use your upwarded.com source code to create it?

Rat Hunter [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I'm pretty certain that Philipp is a PHP guy, whereas I'm a Perl dude. So similar concept, but two completely different code bases.

18 years ago #

BTW, some people report they get plug-in alert or pop-up blocker ... there is no shenangins going on – just loading some .wav audio files via an EMBED tag ... anyone have suggestion on what would be a more universal audio format and/or better way to HTML it.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I don't know if you can get background music in Firefox, but why not just exclude Firefox from this? E.g. some JavaScript checker to document-write the embed tag.

18 years ago #

I just added a customized cursor for the DIV element, so that it is more clear where to click to vote – basically just pops up a 32x32 box that "CLICK VOTE" which should be eye-catching and seems to work on both IE and Firefox. Man,
CSS is just awesome when it works on all browsers!!!

You are missing the real effect Philipp if you don't have the sound – I assure you that it VERY entertaining. Hint: no music – sounds are all site-specific!

It works for me in Firefox, so it's more a plug-in issue than a browser-specific one. A really good question that is becoming increasingly relevant is what are the "best/universal" formats for multi-media stuff such as sound and video.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!