Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Lawrence Lessig on Copyright  (View post)

Bratsche [PersonRank 2]

Monday, April 3, 2006
18 years ago4,262 views

What a smart guy. He's trying to get change across in an area that is totally complicated and unduly ruled by those who have more money and power, but doing it in ways that are legal and attraction attention. CC rules!

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

"Who was the ally that threatened you?

He was the person I was intentionally vague in describing"

Ah, that's going to lead to a lot of speculation in certain circles. I wonder if it's the same guy who did a temper-tantrum and huge screaming-fit at another civil-liberties lawyer :-).

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I like when you spotlight people. Interesting you interviewed this guy when this morning I was hooking my iPod upto my XBox 360 and thinking how wonderful it is that my iPod keeps track of the songs I play and doesn't just transfer the mp3s straight onto the devices. It would be a completely different personal DJ'ing experience if I had a seperate copy of a song in 5 different locations. The more I use my iPod, the more pleasurable it is to listen to my top 25 songs.

Smart playlists are a technology that should be focused on more. This area might be the middle ground for the DRM / Free Use camps. It's an incredible value add to know that my playlists are becoming more personalized over time.

Here's something iTunes doesn't do : Not only would I like to know my current top 25 songs, but i'd like to know my top 25 songs from 2/2005 – 3/2005.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've added the interview to digg for those who found it interesting:
http://www.digg.com/technology/Lawrence_Lessig_on_copyright

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!