Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Gmail integration for Google Calendar

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

Saturday, April 15, 2006
18 years ago2,697 views

I've found three intetgration points so far....
toolbar is in the upper left
composing any E-mail gives you an add event option
it is parsing E-mails for appt links! (this is the cool one)

http://trex005.googlepages.com/gmail_int.png

Luka [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

For the moment It's not avaible for every English US account... You must feeling lucky!

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've got it now. I like how they've done this. Though i think the parsing of emails for events could be improved alot.

I wish they would let you add locations like "dave's house" into calendar. The first time it would ask you where "dave's house" is. But from then on it will remember it. and display the relevent map.
Or it could take the address of "dave" in your gmail contacts list, and then plot that on a map. Instead of search google maps for "daves house".

great application though! :)

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I also spotted this today. Makes you wonder why they integrate Calendar 2 days too late?

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

"Makes you wonder why they integrate Calendar 2 days too late?"

That's easy. The gcal team said we are ready to launch. Gmail team says, oh wait we gotta test one more time, we don't want servers to go down. Gcal team says – come on, Larry said we gotta launch now. Gmail team says – ok. Gcal team launches. Gmail team finds major problem that must be fixed. Gcal team not realizing Gmail team hasn't launched raves about gmail integration on main google blog. Larry says – yo, you guys stupid, you told everybody about gmail integration and it hasn't launched yet. Gcal team says – its gmail teams fault. Larry reprimands gmail team, and tells them they gotta launch by Friday night. Gmail team says – that's not possible. Larry says guess you gotta stay here all night then. Gmail team works all night and quickly launches Saturday morning to a select group of users.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!