Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Contact organizer in Gmail

Josue R. [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 16, 2006
18 years ago4,989 views

I haven't heard anyone complain yet about it but for me it seems that when i want to email many people, i have to remember each persons name or email address so that it begins to auto-complete on my To: field but most times i can't remember any names.

Even then most times, i cannot remember the people names until i visually seem them on my contacts section of GMail. So ... i have already written my one page email and i find myself having to do the following:
1 – Cut my email out into my clipboard (or notepad)
2 – switch to Contacts section
3 – select the people (3-20 addresses) i want to email
4 – click on Compose button which switches me to Compose mode.
5 – Paste back my email from clipboard or notepad.
6 – enter my email Subject then send!

* Gmail Team (if you're reading), this is too many steps... could you please add some kind of popup Contact manager so i may select my contacts without leaving my Composing email and not having to remember everyones email or name i want to send my email to. Please make this easier. Thanks.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Josue, a couple tips ....
1) "Save Now" is your friend.... it can save you from the whole copy and paste issue
2) Groups..... it sounds like you may frequently mail groups of people, and you can create groups in your contacts section. This is what I do when I want to Email all my ROSS customers in one shot. there is no way I could remember all of them, but All I do is type "RO" (press the down arrow and then enter) into the BCC Field, and I'm done

Though, you are right.... an outlook style pop up address book may be a useful feature for some, and I bet it would not be very tough at all to implement, and a little icon under the "To:" "Cc:" and "Bcc:" would not clutter the interface much at all.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!