Forum

Google Fridge (the cooler) ?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 16, 2006
18 years ago3,312 views

I just found that : http://googlefridge.blogspot.com/
There is screenshoots on this blog.
The box shows "Cooler Thinking".
No trace about it in Froogle or Google Store.
Is it a joke ?

--------------------------------stage whisper---------------------------------------------
PS : for an english homework (1 month ago), I had to imagine a fridge of Future. For me, my future fridge will be the "GFridge" (google fridge). At first seight, Google had preempted me...
this is my homework :-D :

GFridge – Particularities

The GFridge is not a refrigirator like the others, it has some particularities which make it so special...
- The GFridge is composed of differents parts, some are locked by password, for parents who want to prevent their children from eating anything.
- The GFridge is equipped with a wifi antenna, so the Gfridge can be connected to a wireless home network. Data are exchanged between computer and the fridge.
- The door is outfitted with a touch screen and a keyboard : so you can connect on Internet, consult your e-mails, chat on MSN, watch TV, listen radio, and so and so forth...
- You can order groceries directly from the Gfridge or on your computer : you have just to save your bank details and enter your password. We will explain details later...
- A RFID scanner, that is to say a wireless detector of electronic barcodes, is build in Gfridge. This enables to detect automaticaly all products present in the Gfridge and update a groceries database.
- If there is a lack of some goods, Gfridge can deal with super market to order the missing items.
- If the sell-by date of an item is reached, the Gfridge warns you with a caution warning on the built-in screen.
- Scales, delivered with Gfridge are placed by the fridge. If you want take something in the fridge, you must walk on the scales, and the Gfridge recognizes you and warns you about calories that you are allow to consume. So you can enter which diiet program you follow and the Gfridge see if you respect it or not.

But Gfridge is not a simple fridge. The “G” of Gfridge means Google, who sponsors this project.
- So, the Gfridge is absolutely free! Indeed, Google makes its money with ads that are displayed on Gfridge’s screen.
- You can also buy your groceries on Google Store, an online market. So Google makes its money here too.
- The Gfridge is automatically connected to its services : Gmail for your emails, Google Base for find all what you want (cooking recipies, for example), Froogle for compare prices, Google Alert for being informed in case of a product is claimed uneatable.
- With Google Maps and GPS device, you can also track your parcels in real-time, so you can see on Gfridge’s screen where are exactly your parcels.

and so and so forth. :-D

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I seen this on Digg yesterday, COOOOL!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!