Google Blogoscoped

Forum

GMAIL TECH SUPORT NEEDS A TUNE UP

Rob [PersonRank 0]

Sunday, April 16, 2006
18 years ago2,987 views

Over spring Break someone changed my passwords on my gmail account and my hotmail after a few short questions from hotmail my account was reset now after like 10 emails to Google and copies of the hotmail questionnaire gmail has since stopped replaying! I sent them every thing my ISP my ip addresses most of the personal folders I made and ever thing else thy could. Need and yet still they will not email me back!

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, everybody knows that. Google has the worst tech support ever. They never answers. I think Google should really do something with that, because personally I don't feel save with company that ignores users individual problems. I think other people that write to Google feels bad with it too.
Google may even use your idea, but they'll never say "thank you" to you.

Rob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

really how hard can it be! they should think about hiring some monkeys

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Hotmail tech support is very good. The response are templates, but they are personalised and you feel as if someone has read your message. The response is also prompt.

Gmail (and Google in general) have absolutely crap tech support. The responses are the same everytime AND they take ages to respond. I can't understand why such a profitable company doesn't have this area covered. Maybe this is why they are so profitable.... $0 on Customer Support.

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Google, by not responding, actually enables it to grow faster. I know because having the exact oppisate philosophy, has prevented my company from huge growth... Right now we are trying to systemize the support system, but it boils down to support just costing too muchhuman labor not matter how you do it. (until we have some strong AI at least... but everyone seems to be opposed due to the whole matrix thing)

Rob [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Really how hard can it be i was getting a response then now all of a sudden nothing

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I heard that gmail service has only 5 tech's holding the Fort. Their jobs is to route the request to the right team for resolution – not to repsond to users!!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!