Google Blogoscoped

Forum

When the Internet Goes Down...  (View post)

Sam Davyson [PersonRank 10]

Monday, April 17, 2006
18 years ago3,669 views

Interesting to hear the differences is desperation. Justin and Tony are pretty insistant one making sure it is definately offline before moving away. Whereas Philipp and Peter more quickly do other things...

"I start to panic" – Philipp

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, I like Justin's too. That is what I will probably would do...Check it like a thousand times...

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I agree with /pd. That's definitely the best thing to do: finish that book you always forget to read.

Joey J. [PersonRank 5]

18 years ago #

Aw, I never read that post. I panic, then try a lot of trivial crap on the computer the router's connected to, then just watch iTunes visualizations until I get bored enough to be productive.

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have to apologise for such a long answer compared to the others. (Philipp – you should've put a word / time limit on our replies!) ;-)

Xerosphere [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

Hilarious. Really great.

When I go offline the first place I usually look is, of course, the WAN light on my router. If it is actually offline, then the error log in the router. If, after restarting the router and still no WAN, the next place I check is my checkbook (ok, Quicken) to see when the last time was that I paid the telco. If that's not the problem, then hopefully I have some unwatched Netflix lying around.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think we should continue .. ask a simple question and the forunm readers .. respond w/a podcast.. not more then 60 seconds.. kinda reply. In this way we can also down load the whole podcast and still get offline thoughts while on the go.. I use an mp3 player on the go.. thats how I get coffebytes :)-

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

By the way I was trying to merge the soundbites into a single MP3 file with Audacity, but it didn't work. Even though all files were MP3, they had different Hz and stereo settings, and somehow that messed with Audacity.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!