Google Blogoscoped

Forum

The missing Google service

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Monday, April 17, 2006
18 years ago2,440 views

Gabook
The Google Address Book

Why not? I have contacts in Outlook/Exchange, my mobile phone, my Thunderbird address book, in ICQ and and and...

And: I want to beta test it. Thank you :)

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah I agree. Though I think this should just be an enhancement of gmail contacts.
What features do you think it should have Corsin?

I would like:
1. Google maps to show address, and plot routes to the address
2. Can upload a photo of the person/company
3. Multiple addresses work/home or city/country retreat ;)
4. Google talk integration so I ring them (including ringing their landline and mobile from gtalk)
5. Can search and share contacts
6. View contacts gcals/icals, shared reader feeds etc..
7. View contacts profile/googlepages page.

(sorry, I've kind of turned this address book into a type of organised and full featured myspace alternative)

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Maybe someday someone will do a hack with this idea and Google will acquire that.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yeah, DP thats ok.. we need to turn it into something that really fits the need.

I have to agree an online address contact list that can be mapped via address. Linked into Contacts of gmail /Gtalk and GCal. is common sense wisdom.. oh yeah, like we all had common sense eh ??

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

why haven't we got an address book of sorts in google local yet? if they did this, it should definatley be merged in with gmail's address book at the very least.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!