Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Person Rank

David Hetfield [PersonRank 10]

Friday, April 21, 2006
18 years ago3,494 views

somebody knows how to raise youre rank level?!

i know mine is 1 out of 10. but some people has 0 and some times 10..
whats with that?!

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Its to do with your number of posts as I understand it.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, That's just automatic indication of how many post you have written. That's all (I believe).
And in my opinion it's too simple ;) There are many other patterns (I'm thinking about four of them right now) that could be used – and the algorithm could be more interesting and more like Page Rank...

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I think Philipp rank us manually....Correct me if this doesnt sound right...:)

18 years ago #

It doesn't sound right ;) For example I saw spammers who added their SPAM to every topic and immediately had PersonRank 1 or 2.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yep, the PersonRank is just an indicator of how many posts a person has posted, along with some minor adjustments (e.g. if your name is not relatively unique you can not gain PR). I could imagine to also have the algorithm count post length and post frequency in the last month... what are you thinking of Ludwik? :)

pokemo [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks for the info...:)

18 years ago #

umm but i had some posting only a couple of times..
i think i had 5 posts.. no more..

18 years ago #

I'm thinking about... hmm... it should includes:

1. How many times you (Philipp) have used information from one's comment on the front page. I think that's pretty important. You could have a simple way to manually increase this or system could automatically count "thanks <a hre f="#com_id">someone</a>" in your posts.

2. Comments amount and length, BUT don't hardcode how many comments is how many points. It should be always how many percent of all comments are this user comments and how many percent of length of all comments is length of this user comments.

3. When the first and the last comment was written. The first one should be old – that means that the person comes here for some time, isn't new. And the last should be written recently – that means that the person still comes here. So – the older first comment is the more points one gets. And also the newer last comment is the more points one gets.

4. PageRank of ones homepage/blog.

5. Length of the topics that one started (comments to Philipp blog posts shouldn't count) – many answers means that ones topics are interesting.

6. You could add digg-like +/- links under every post. For your (Philipp's) use only, or for everyone.

7. And most PageRank-like thing – how many people refer to ones comments. You could add to comments links such as "Link [to this] in your comment", "reply" or "link to this in reply" or something like this. It would add on the end of a text in the textbox something like "[[id27720|Ludwik Trammer]]". After the the text would be sent it would look like "<a hre f="#d27720"><b>Ludwik Trammer</b></a>". This would be the simple way for users to link to comments they are replaying to, and for you to count replays for ones comments.

I now my English is really bad. It's hard even for me to understand my English texts ;) But if you are interested, but you don't understand something you can catch me on Jabber and I will try to make it more clear.

18 years ago #

Something has changed, hasn't it? Maybe there is another topic about this (?), but unfortunetly most time I don't have time to read forum (it's very sad and dangerous time in Polish politic and we, as young people, have to take action).

Now PersonRank clearly do not depends on number of posts only. Some people with more then 100 posts has PR 9 (ex. David Hetfield – 579 posts!) or even PR 8 (Jay Amin – 203 posts), while others, who has less posts, and haven't post anything recently (like me) has PR 10. What's the new algorithm?

18 years ago #

<<Something has changed, hasn't it?>>

it sure did!!
didnt get it really..
all i know is that its not the old method anymore!

<<What's the new algorithm?>>
dont really know..
ask Philipp! :P

iZeitgeist [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

>> Maybe there is another topic about this (?)

Yes there is:

http://blogoscoped.com/forum/34694.html#id34694

18 years ago #

i tried to search it..
but couldnt find it...:/
thanks!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!