Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Air Force One tagged?

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

Friday, April 21, 2006
18 years ago2,850 views

No link with Google or SEO. (it's in the 20% of Google Blogoscoped ;-D)

I found that on Google video :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4768640585329160079
Is it a fake?
If no : well done! Really credible
If yes : woww...

I found that too :
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5427138374898988918
really funny :-P

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I read somewhere that it was fake. Not sure...

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

ok thanks
because if it's a fake, I don't know where they found a Boeing like that...

George W. Bush [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

That rascal Karl Rove!

He just can't stay out of trouble. I'm trying so hard to win in Iraq and do all those other things I'm supposed to, and he's out there tagging my plane.

Maybe I'll send him to Iraq.

W

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/local/states/california/northern_california/14400515.htm
via Digg

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thank you Corsin (and W!)

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

De rien :)

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

If that was real.... they'd be morons..... then to post it on the web.... lunatics! I guess they could have skipped the country first......

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I saw the Bunny one on digg.

Support Freedom! [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I love it!!! One of the best (and expensive) practical jokes yet! Got the Air Force to look! Made many people wonder how they did it.

Having been to Andrews AFB and seen the security around the REAL hanger, I'm sure the result would have been very different had they tried it!

I hope our government doesn't try to charge Ecko with some invented crime: "impersonating AF-1", "fooling government workers", "holding the President in less than high esteem", or other insane ideas.

Ecko's message, hmmm. Yeah we should be free to spray grafitti at least on our own property, and criminalizing mere possession of spray paint and markers certainly is Fascistic. Defacing someone's property is quite another matter. Cities trashed-up with pointless, ugly grafitti just contribute to the decline of neighborhoods and the spread of violent gangs. Defaced direction signs become useless. I won't complain if speed limit signs are obliterated though. I'm not sure exactly where Mr. Ecko draws the line. Of course, I myself 'defaced' with a political message a very important landmark in a Communist capital once!

The Berlin Wall was an wonderful example of being the "people's canvas", and featured masterpieces of art, ugly grafitti, and everything in between. Maybe every city needs a public canvas like that. Los Angeles has had some stunning volunteer-painted art on freeway underpasses, etc. And maybe such spaces for the public would help spare our buildings, signs and parks.

We certainly have the right to freedom of speech, and 'grafitti' for the purpose of alerting citizens to government crimes would be a vital right, particularly in dire threats to our freedom when no other means of communication might be possible. In China that would likely get people sent to the organ-harvesting prisons--a death sentence.

Food for thought, certainly!
Thank you Mr. Ecko for getting people thinking.

TOMHTML [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Mr Ecko ? The big black survivor in LOST ? :-)

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!