Google Blogoscoped

Forum

signing in/out

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 23, 2006
18 years ago5,648 views

why is it that each time i go to my personal page, i have to sign in? i have cookies enabled.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Really? Which browser? In Firefox this doesn't happen here.

18 years ago #

IE 6.0 the regular page shows correctly but personal page requires sign in.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yes, I also see what brinke has noted. I think its a prelude to security policy chg. Final effort will be single sign on for all signed up services. Imho, this is much needed.

As for FF- I am using candiate1 and it has alwasy asked for sign in the same way. Candiate1 is running off my usb stick.

18 years ago #

I never need to sign in to http://www.google.com/ig , you guys checked the "Remember me on this computer" when signing in to your Google Account right?

18 years ago #

yup.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I don't ever need to sign in to my personal page, gmail, calendar, reader and groups except when I clear all my cookies.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

The only place to which I have to log in every time is Search History.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I am find that I flip back and forth without any problems this AM. Calender/Gmail / IG

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I also noticed a small change in the base url < what is webhp ?>

http://www.google.com/webhp

18 years ago #

webhp is the extension for the personalized page.

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I never check the "remember me" and I don't ever need to sign in for the personal hp.

Ludwik Trammer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

"ig" is the extension for the personalized page. "webhp" is the extension for the web search, similarly to imghp for the image search.

18 years ago #

> The only place to which I have to log in every time is Search History.

Dito.
A while ago, I also had to sign in to AdSense, but Google is integrating more and more services so you don't need to login everytime.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I hope they always make it a requirement to log into search history. I would not want a relative or friend to *inadvertently* browse through my search history.

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!