Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Stats for a shared Google Calendar

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

Sunday, April 23, 2006
18 years ago2,733 views

Is there a method/way that I can see, how many people have "subscribed" to a Calendar of mine?

Haochi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Don't know, and I can't find it.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I tried a crazy thing.. I tried to take the xml feed URL and added to bloglines.. yet I dont see anything in bloglines.. however, I could see it preview of my calendar....

can anyone confirm the same behavoiur in other readers ??

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

It "works" in Thunderbird as well (just shows HTML code). The generated link is nice, redirects to a overview of the event.

http://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=dGgxMzAyMXNhMnRqNWExdGthZmNibTg2aGsgZmYxYTFnMjMyb3VuMzdkNG44bm9kN2gwb2NAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yes, i notice the same thing for mine

http://www.google.com/calendar/event?eid=ODAxMDYyMTY1Njc0dW5oaTZidW0yOWdwdmMgc2xhc2gucGRAZ21haWwuY29t

however, I thought it willshow me my subscriber counts within bloglines, and tthis is not the case.

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

actually phillips "search events" shows me 2 subcribers on bloglines.. not sure what this means – that 2 users are taking the xml feed or are two users permitted to post to this calender ??

Philipp – any idea how many users you invited to this calender ?

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

wrt to atom/rss feeds does any know in simple english what this means

" in particular, a real Calendar feed contains actual magic-cookie values and entry IDs."

whats a magic-cookie value in a feed ??

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

> any idea how many users you invited to this calender ?

To edit along with write access, around a dozen. But a lot more people can have read access by subscribing. You can subscribe to the Atom feed but it will show the dates not in chronological order, but order of when they were added... it'd be more useful to have an agenda view (or a real calendar widget, which I think Google will provide sooner or later...).

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!