Get Yahoo Mail Beta

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

Monday, April 24, 2006
18 years ago2,460 views

http://digg.com/technology/How_To_Get_Yahoo_Mail_Beta

http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2006/04/get-yahoo-mail-beta.html

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tried UK, Germany and france.... none worked for me.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Tried it. I think I've gotten too use to Gmail's interface. Yahoo's new mail just seems like an ajaxified old yahoo mail or just an online version of outlook express; for the web, I like gmail's simplicity, and quickness. I like yahoo's drag and drop features, but otherwise, it is too slow. The preview panel would have been great if it did not take so long to load.

Overall, the new yahoo mail is pretty good, and an improvement over the old one. But the improvement is not the kind I'm looking for in online e-mail. I don't want an online version of outlook express. I want an online email account that is optimized, and designed for web use (for my online frame of mind), but functions like a desktop app and that's what gmail feels like. If I feel like I'm using outlook express, I'll rather use outlook express – it's faster. I'll rather have something that lets me feel like I'm in the online world with an interface made for web use, but functions quickly.

Ionut Alex. Chitu [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

To change your content preference, log in to Yahoo Mail, click Options, select Account information from the left panel and then edit Member Information, General Preferences, Preferred Content. Select, for example, Yahoo UK, click Finished. When you go to Yahoo Mail, you'll see a page that says "It's the New Yahoo! Mail Beta... and you're invited." Click on "Try Beta Now".

Travis Harris [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

ahhhh hah!!! I was just following bad directions! It worked now! wow... it really is slow!

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!