Google Blogoscoped

Forum

AdSense $100 Hurdle Serious Money for Google?  (View post)

Justin Pfister [PersonRank 10]

Tuesday, April 25, 2006
18 years ago5,415 views

I've often thought about that.. Now that's evil ;) I'm sure even if they paid out at $50, they wouldn't be loosing.

dpneal [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I've had my blog for about a year. Not got my first cheque yet. :(and at current levels it will be 29 years before I get it! Thats 30 years interest for Google.

Kirby Witmer [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I have the same problem!! :-(It is a serous hurdle!!

Corsin Camichel [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

My last check is from August 2005, and I am waiting for the next one (passed the 100$ somewhen in march).
Has anybody tried to verify his banc account? That is cool ;)

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm half way through verifying my bank account.

But I haven't reached my first $100 yet.

Shane [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I am $3.95 away from my first check. I got $90.00 and then it hit a slow stride. I have made 80 cents in the last 7 days.

http://cellounge.com

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

yes, That's free working capital for Google, or it can invest the stash and make even more money. It's a devilishly good idea!!

So we need to leverate Adsense /TOS---you'll know that if you formally terminate your AdSense membership, by sending an email to adsense-support[put at-character here]google.com, then Google will send you your balance in 90 days, as long as it's more than ten bucks.

So why wait fo rthe $100/- mark-- cance get your money and then get another adsense membership!!

Tony Ruscoe [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

To be honest, it took my a while to realise that they didn't pay out until you made $100. It's not that clear in my opinion:

"If your account balance reaches US $100 in any month, we'll send your payment before the end of the following month."

I read that as meaning that they'd always pay up after the end of the following month unless you reached $100, in which case they'd send your payment early. Oops.

Anyway, I'm proud to say that I made my first $100 a couple of days ago. It's taken me around 5 months. I verified my bank account with Google a few months ago (and got £0.63 for nothing in the process!) so it should hopefully be deposited in there within a month or two.

:-)

Wouter Schut [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

I'm waiting for the google wallet, it will have my adsense-earned money in it and when it goes live I will be able to shop in the google-shop and via google-base. Other (non-google) shops will follow when the api is released.

Niraj Sanghvi [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Is it true that they'll pay you if you terminate the account and have more than $10? And if you do, can you create a new account later? I too have found Adsense to increase extremely slowly.

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

ToS:
In the event the Agreement is terminated, Google shall pay Your earned balance to You within approximately ninety (90) days after the end of the calendar month in which the Agreement is terminated by You (following Google’s receipt of Your written request, including by email, to terminate the Agreement) or by Google. In no event, however, shall Google make payments for any earned balance less than $10.

[No guarantees from mee though!!]

Rasmus Ulvund Svendsen [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

I bet 50% of the accounts don't get over 100$

Miguel Marcos [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

Couldn't a bunch of bloggers who don't expect to make a bundle ask Google to pool all their collective adsense money and donate it to Africa/AIDS/other worthy cause? Perhaps even get Google to match the funds up to a a certain level?

iTunage [PersonRank 0]

18 years ago #

I suspect that when Google launches it's micropayments system later this year, they will pay the monthly amount, no matter how small. It's a nice way for them to generate some interest income in the meantime though!

kumar [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

google is always "cat on the wall" while dealing with adsense publishers. so guys you bake well before you apply for adsense

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Nick also has a post on what he terms as the 'google gag order'!!

http://www.roughtype.com/archives/2006/04/the_google_gag.php

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!