Google Blogoscoped

Forum

Google Job Interview  (View post)

Seth Finkelstein [PersonRank 10]

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
18 years ago4,141 views

My impression from what I've read and heard, is that as a company, Google tends to overwork people. And for post-IPO hires, the compensation package is not all that great (quote: "i felt a lot of energy and could see the innovation happening there. but, the people i interviewed with didn’t seem happy to me. they looked tired and grumpy. i didn’t get a feeling that google treats their people very well.").

Unless you like the job just for the job, I get the feeling that working at Google now is what the financial people call "performancing chasing".

Elias KAI [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

if you are passionate of what you are doing and love the company, you can go along with it. But if you do not feel you are really appreciated there, then you have to show or ask for the problem. It is much better to have a work that you love (then it will never be called a work or job), it will be a hobby or passion, then to have a job where you do not fell well at all.

It is up to each person to find the right equation, but Google is doing right in this area.

Of course, I and other people I know have met many and many Google employees who are not highly motivated happy or qualified for what they are doing inside Google. (it is their problem)

yhancik [PersonRank 2]

18 years ago #

oh why does "google job" sounds dirty to me ?

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!