Google Blogoscoped

Forum

What software does this blog use

901010 [PersonRank 1]

Wednesday, April 26, 2006
18 years ago2,810 views

This may have been answered before, but I couldn't find it my searching...Philip, what software are you using for the blog? Did you just write it yourself?

Looking at the page source suggests that it's a homemade solution...

Splasho [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yep, I think its home grown and features are added from time to time.

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Yeah, it's homemade! The structure of the program is somewhat similar (in concept, not the details) to the Upwarded source, if you're interested:
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2006-03-21-n80.html

The forum and blog front-page were two separate programs before, but they've come closer together in the past. There's a bit of a historical reason for this, because I started the blog on Blogger.com with FTP-export, but that didn't support comments.... so I had to add the comments myself, but couldn't really connect the two. Now the two are "loosely joined" in such a way that the forum is connected to blog posts but also works as standalone discussion, which I think was a lucky evolution!

/pd [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

No, I think its not a "lucky evolution" – it was well crafted!!

-- dont undermine yoursefl.. toot your own horn now and then :)-

901010 [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

yeah, the way the blog, comments, and forum interact is very original but brilliant as well

Philipp Lenssen [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Thanks Jesse, err, 90 :)

901010 [PersonRank 1]

18 years ago #

numbers are always available. I was browsing for short domains that were available, and while hardly any 4 letter domains were left, once you started throwing numbers in there were countless ones available. even found a three digit domain not taken

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!