Google Blogoscoped

Forum

I have questions; do you have answers?

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

Thursday, April 27, 2006
18 years ago2,367 views

Google has a few things that for the life of me, I can't understand. And I'm wondering if anyone else has the same questions. Here they are, in no particular oder:

*Do you have the GM Notifier installed? I do. I also have GTalk. Why is it..when I have DISABLE ALL NOTIFICATIONS checked on the GTalk program......that I still get them?

*Where are the notifications for the new GCalender? I have "EMAIL" and "POPUP" checked..and I don't get either.

*The Google Updater. That little thing that looks like a tropical fruit. When it changes from its usual "three ball stack" and opens up, that means you have software to update. When I click on "remind me later" cause I DO NOT WANT Norton AV changed...it stays the same way it is, "reminding me." Why is this?

*Where's the toolbar button for Calender? That Greasemonkey script to keep it from popping up, didn't work for me. No idea why.

*How about a quick compose link in the Gmail module on the main page?

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

If you have Gtalk installed, then you don't need the GM notifier. Disabling notifications in Gtalk will not disable it in the notifier. You should uninstall the GM notifier.

The calendar notifications work fine for me. Make sure you check the settings under notifications, and that you hit the save button when you have made your changes.

"When I click on "remind me later" cause I DO NOT WANT Norton AV changed...it stays the same way it is, "reminding me." Why is this?" Ok, I don't understand this, but I don't use Google Pack. But what do you mean by "it stays the same". Do you mean it remains opened up or are you getting a pop up reminder? I would think it would remain open, but you would not receive a pop up reminder, but I'm not sure.

A toolbar button for calendar has not yet been released. Google Calendar just recently came out, be a bit patient.

Maybe someone will make a module to compose gmail on the main page, keep on the lookout.

Brinke Guthrie [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

if i have Gtalk's notifications disabled..they shouldn't show up, and they do.
i have saved the calendar notifications settings.
what i meant about the updater is, when i say 'remind me later,' that doesnt work..it keeps wanting to remind me.

or [PersonRank 10]

18 years ago #

Ok, I thought perhaps you were expecting notifications from the GM notifier to stop when you disabled notifications from Gtalk. Anyway, you don't need GM notifier if you have Gtalk.

Otherwise, I don't have any answers...

Forum home

Advertisement

Blog  |  Forum     more >> Archive | Feed | Google's blogs | About
Advertisement

This site unofficially covers Google™ and more with some rights reserved. Join our forum!